Friday, February 17, 2012

Logo Variations

For my dissertation, I will be researching how boys interact in an all male book club and what changes might occur in their attitudes toward reading.  So I decided to create a logo for our book club so we have something to identify with when the club is up and running.  I used what we have learned from the exercises involving fonts to try to convey a coolness and grittiness to the logo.  I wanted something that would be slightly edgy to contrast what people may normally think about a book club.  I also wanted to reflect the potential "dangerous" conversations we might have as a result of participating in the club.

I tried to use GIMP again and I was slightly more successful than I was with my previous attempt.  I am beginning to learn (little by little) how to use various tools.  I was able to cut the skull away from its initial background and change the background to red using GIMPs fill feature.  I am happy with the overall design of the logo but still feel limited in what I can do because of the limits of my learning of the software.




No comments:

Post a Comment