Saturday, February 25, 2012

Storyboard

I have to admit that I was not sure of the purpose of the storyboard activity in context of the MMP.  However, what I got from the assignment was the fact that you can manipulate perspectives and points of view to make the story more interesting or to draw attention to certain details.  I chose to infuse a bit of humor with the first picture to demonstrate how it feels sometimes to put together a substantial unit of study.  The storyboard also allows you to see what might be missing from a storyline or what could be eliminated.  I can see this being used as a pre-write exercise for struggling writers who often get bogged down with the mechanics of writing which limits content.  Perhaps if students are able to storyboard and "see" the content in an organized manner they may begin to understand how to elaborate and organize their own writing.








2 comments:

  1. Your storyboard is great! And yes, I agree that the first picture is pretty accurate. :)

    Your storyboard allows me to get a feel for the planning and execution steps of your MMP. Bravo!

    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim- I really enjoyed both your video and your story board. Just curious, what did you use to create the story board? Did you simply upload pictures and use text boxes or did you have a document and then upload it to your blog? I had trouble doing this myself and am thus curious as to how everyone else did it!

    I really like your lesson and I think the 6th graders are really going to enjoy it! Lesson plans that have hands on activities are so great (especially when they're math ones...I wish that I had had such great math lessons like this when I was in 6th grade because perimeter and area is certainly not my strong point!

    ReplyDelete